Another goal of the project is to build bridges between the world of makers and the world of youth work. Fabedu's team prototyped a number of educational tools related to topics such as 3D printing, the use of free graphics software, 3D modeling, laser cutting and many other topics.
Project results include:
- Small robot: a system equipped with three servomotors and equipped with 3 degrees of freedom (x, y, z). Piccolo allows you to draw shapes, letters, etc. It is based on an Arduino board and can be controlled using any Arduino-compatible programming environment (eg Scratch4Arduino, mBlock).
- Manual drawing plotter: an introduction not related to the mechanics of CNC machines (eg 3D printer, digital milling machine, laser cutter). The plotter can move a pen (or markers, or a pencil, etc.) On a plane, in 2 directions (horizontally, vertically).
- Curious and unusual 3D printed objects: they represent a disconnected and very accessible introduction to the world of digital production
- Become an Einstein, step by step: an unplugged introduction to 3D printing, through a 3D puzzle of an object cut lengthwise to be reconstructed during a collective play activity.
- 3D modeling of a key: in this activity a key is designed that can work correctly inside a lock. The padlock will have been printed in advance via the 3D printer.
Details & Info
FabEdu is an educational project coordinated by the French association Digijeunes from September 2018. The initiative, co-financed by the Erasmus + program of the European Union, aims to design a curriculum and educational tools on the subject of digital fabrication.
The strategic goal is the democratization of knowledge concerning digital production for an audience of young people between 9 and 17 years, through the training of educators on educational and dissemination activities able to stimulate children of school age to develop STEM skills.
The project was developed in collaboration with the Municipality of Alba Iulia, Fablab Pau, Combustible Numérique and Vectorealism FabLab.